Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Don't Tell Us What You are Going to Do...-


My original sketch from the early 2000's

H&S
blog aside, here is a link to the Russ Nicholson artwork for the Urutsk Referee's Manual. It is the colour piece (although the b&w stuff looks pretty cool, too).

LINK

As I said in the blurb, I've had this idea for several years longer than I've had my blog, and seeing the piece come to life was really extraordinary and gratifying.

The LuLu Players' and Referee's Manuals will likely be phased out when their replacements come into being. I am currently in discussion with the producer of an existing rules set as the basis of one version of the URUTSK: World of Mystery line, as I really dig the ease and flexibility of said unsaid system, not feeling like it will shoe-horn my setting into an uncomfortable fit.

Oh, and it uses d20. :D

4 comments:

  1. Wow... those of us that are familiar with the old Moldvay/Cooke sets (and the Paranoia manuals) are familiar with the trick. Nicely played! (And of course having Peter "Swords and Wizardry Icon" Mullen to do the other was pretty epic to begin with.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeffro: Thanks. :)
    --I'm really enjoying your B/X posts over at your blog. Cool stuff going on there. :D

    There is a third book: Artefacts & Encounters, with another stunning colour cover, this time by Eric Bergeron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaay cool! It seems you could not have picked a better art director/producer than yourself as you have managed to garner such great artists.

    Huzzah! That art is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. C: Thanks so much. :D

    I'm really looking forward to getting .pdfs of various products out, so folks can have the art in their hands. :)

    Will you be at NTRPGCon?

    ReplyDelete