Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Sci-Fi Shows Older, Old, and Newish (also New AnchorFM Podcast)

 AnchorFM Podcast LINK

Animals, Kladraed, and Monsters, is my current task, translating critters from various sources as well as native weirdness takes up most of my non-pizza (non-sleeping) hours.

I really need to tackle the, Artefacts and Wonders, but I do need to converge the AKM and Cybernetics sections to address overall Artefacts stuff and from that, the Barbarian/Outlier economy, scavenging, and fabrication/production.

:: SCI-FI SHOW/MOVIE SPOILERS ::

I sort of want to talk about Orville S3 Gently Falling Rain, but also don't want to.
I found it a sufferable dog-whistle which was trying so hard to prove their orthodox hollywood credentials that it interfered with logical consequences of how they were depicting the Krill homeworld, and bad storytelling is a sin, I'm sure of it.

I finished the final season of The 100 for the second time, and I have a much more charitable view of the 6th and 7th seasons, and even the, 'Clark Griffin is the bestest evar we had to come back from the afterlife to live, grow old , and die with her!"  -- like the, Mormon Bachelorette, who flees the temple but is still attended by her Celestial servants -- even that was not as mind-shatteringly awful as it struck me first go round, but that last bit does suck.

Classic Battlestar Galactica was the joy it always is, I'm watching the Logan's Run series for the first time since it aired, and rewatching, The Starlost, which I really enjoy despite its rough production -- Dr. Who primed me for that.

Watching what was it, an NBC show?  Revolution -- I love Giancarlo Esposito -- so much more time with him as Major Tom than Fring.  His facial expressions and bearing are wonderful, and I am really beginning to enjoy Bas Monroe now that he was toppled.

Rewatched Man From U.N.C.L.E. -- I love that movie.  All the characters, including the NPCs, are great -- the ItalianAZI woman is so deliciously evil.

:: ADDED: BONUS MATERIAL ::

Honest review: Kenobi :: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DblSA-T_C-I&t=6s

Auralnauts: Larry Kenobi :: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnmeTyU1rA0

Auralnauts: Existential Troopers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKppwACQ-qk
________Part 2________________ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoU_7Xg3Zzw



No comments:

Post a Comment