Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

2022-

July 7th quit my no-future job on base.
Go home, see Marissa Nadler tour dates, tickets on sale.
Purchase a ticket for which date?  There are closer ones, but my hand won't move the mouse.  I get a moment of insight, and with a soft smile, shyly, I buy September 4th: Nashville.
I think, 'if nothing else, it will be an adventure; nothing ventured, nothing gained.'  I go to sleep.

2023-

July 7th my second day of training.
I step barefoot onto a bee and get stung.  I am told to go to work anyway.
I complete my paperwork, assignments, and general tour of my rounds.  I'm beginning to feel weak and disoriented, but begin my first solo tour.
I fall in a room where the light does not turn on for seconds after the door is open.  This room also has a hazard with yellow-black safety tape which I do not see until I have fallen, broken my nose, and can feel gravelly bits on my kneecap, under my skin.
I wander about, dazed -- concussed -- and am found by a secretary.
I'm brought to the front desk and repeatedly told to report the incident, but I don't, because -- I'm concussed and can't think of anything but my duty.  And Marissa.

2024-

July 7th.
My Blog, this blog: Blue room.  History of the Sling.  Rule of Three.  [ Patreon Content ].  🔥🔥

2025-

July

     :: I hope for better things, for both of us.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment